ORION Group is committed to and will act responsibly to promote safe, healthy and environmental friendly work culture placing HSE as equal to any of their top corporate and individual priorities. ORION shall embrace SAFETY IS PRIORITY as an attitude and will strive to create a safe and secure working environment. In line with ORION’s vision statement “To be recognized as the most reputable organization in the maritime industry.”
ORION Group of Companies shall:
- Set up and implement fully the Policy on Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Comply with all the HSE legal requirements in the countries where it will operate and maintain good relationship with the surrounding communities.
- Identify and assess the HSE risks associated with their activities including shipping, marine engineering, classification surveys, hull construction, chartering business, bunkering, transportation, maritime and related manpower services and provide control measures that eliminate or reduce the risks to a level as low as practicable (ALARP).
- Prevent injury or illness to all employees and others within their prevailing influence.
- Maintain an appropriate HSE Management System and recognize HSE as a function of management and establish as an integral part of the business.
- Eliminate environmental impact to marine, aquatic and wildlife habitats.
- Strive to ensure that ORION’s HSE standards exceed the Client’s HSE performance target, requirements and expectations.
- Provide training and development of employees to achieve the HSE strategic objectives and targets.
- Provide forums for employees, suppliers and Clients to actively participate in the internal HSE programs.
- Maintain effective crisis management and emergency response capabilities.
- Monitor organization’s HSE performance and implement an auditing program to achieve improvement on continual basis.